According to Hindu Mythology, auspicious yatra of Chardham should
be undertaken from west to east in clockwise direction. This means
Yatra start from Yamunotri, then proceeding to Gangotri Temple,
Kedarnath Temple and terminates at Badrinath Temple. CharDham Yatra
is the most popular spiritual yatra starting from April-May and
continues till Oct-Nov every year in Uttarakhand, India. Now
Uttarakhand is also trying to promote Winter CharDham Yatra, which
will include Kharsali, Mukhba, Ukhimath and Joshimath.
Location of CharDham temples
- Yamunotri Temple : Yamunotri Temple is located 243 kms from Haridwar.
- Gangotri Temple : Gangotri Temple is located 287 kms from Haridwar.
- Kedarnath Temple : Kedarnath Temple is located 240 kms from Haridwar.
- Badrinath Temple : Badrinath Temple is located 315 kms from Haridwar and 48 km from Joshimath
Char Dham Yatra Route Map from Haridwar
Char Dham Yatra Route Map, Char dham Hotels and resorts Booking, Char dham Hotels and resorts
Char Dham Road Route (Driving) from Capital of India - New Delhi
- New Delhi to Haridwar - 210 km (6 hours)
- Haridwar to Barkot - 220 km (7 hours)
- Barkot to Yamunotri - 36 km (drive) + 7 kms by trek
- Barkot to Uttarkashi - 100 km (4 hours)
- Uttarkashi to Gangotri - 100 km (4 hours)
- Uttarkashi to Rudraprayag - 180 km (7-8 hours)
- Rudraprayag to Kedarnath - 74 kms (drive) + 20 kms trek* (new route)
- Rudraprayag to Badrinath - 160 km (6-7 hours)
- Badrinath to Rishikesh - 297 kms (10-11 hours)
- Rishikesh to Delhi - 230 km (6 hours).